Turret lock on and chaff launchers

Jappards shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

As it is now, trying to engage a large ship with a small ship is instant death if the large ship has a decent amount of turrets. Skill is not weighted into the equation at all. Turrets should give small ships some leeway as they don't have the armor of large ships and have no choice but to rely on maneuverability.

Turret accuracy should scale with a lock on factor. This factor is determined by the size of the target, the range from the target to the turret and its movement speed. Ships that fire their weapons will be easier to lock on to as well(this is to prevent exploits). If the lock on is zero, the turrets don't fire at all.

Chaff launchers are a block that reduce the lock on factor for a short amount of time by firing chaff particles. After use, these need to reload.

Replies (2)

photo

There's another great and elaborate suggestion, with more votes, perhaps it meets what you imagine as a solution or improvement and you would like to add your vote:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/suggestion-comprehensive-weapons-rebalance-lets-specialize-weapons-for-specific-targets

photo

I think trying to make small, impactful changes is going to be more realistic for Keen to implement. I would be happy accept such a comprehensive framework, but I don't believe Keen would overhaul combat at this stage of the game.

photo

ever here of the corkscrew trick?

assuming your thrusters are laid out in a way that it would be if the ship was interplanetary, you can just hold w+q+space and you're basically immune to turrets

so called after the course you take by doing so

photo
photo

Bump, as this is a good idea.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file