Console block projection should not count against PCU Limit

Thrak shared this feedback 4 years ago
Submitted

This was originally submitted as a bug, but quickly marked as “not a bug”:

---

The new DLC Console block adds the PCU of the projected blueprint to the player’s PCU usage when displaying. If the player does not have enough PCU left, it means the hologram does not display, and the red “PCU Limit” warning text appears.

This happened to me in both single-player vanilla (no mods) and on DS (Keen Official NA 7)

---

This “feature” should be changed, so blueprints displayed on the console no longer affect PCU. Currently, the block is useless in worlds with any significant PCU limit.

Best Answer
photo

It also makes projector based repair systems useless unless you have the entire grids pcu to spare

Replies (5)

photo

They arevthe same projectors as vanilla. Load a 50000-blocks ship into any projector and rape the server until it is loaded. And then turn off the projector and rape the server again. Projections are the same grids as ships, they load CPU, grinders try to grind them.

photo

It also makes projector based repair systems useless unless you have the entire grids pcu to spare

photo

Console projections cannot be welded. The block is useless. This pack is fully decorative

photo

A regular projectors projections count towards PCU limit too now

photo

Oh, crap. Do projections consume block limits?

photo

Projections of all types apparently now consume PCU. So if you want to project a blueprint of a ship, you need to have the full amount of PCU available. For example, for my 20,500 PCU starship, I need to have another 25,500 in reserve to place a blueprint over it. This fundamentally changes the game... for the worst, in my opinion... for those playing on a DS with PCU limits.

photo

keen strikes again

photo

If projections consume PCU even after being built, you will need two times more free PCU.

photo

I came here to bitch about this and I realize I already did a month ago. Why are you making the game shitty. You know how hard it can be to find all the damaged/missing blocks in a 6k warship after a battle? We need to be able to use projectors to repair. This is one of the important ones keen

photo

If we could limit the bounds of a projection this would help solve the PCU projection issue. You could then project just an area of interest and not the whole blueprint all at once.

Consider voting for my feature request here if you think this sounds like a good solution. My request largely focuses on the new decorative Console Blocks but I also suggest that this could be added to the full projector blocks to help address the PCU issues discussed here.

photo
photo

why didn't they just make it not consume pcu if the blocks are overlapping?

photo

Is this supposed to limit the projections to what you can build?

photo

One can load a projection into a projector he/she owns, then somebody else can weld up the projections. So the projector's owner does not mean anything for the limit at all.

I will change this to limit the blueprint only to the maximum PCU and block count which applies to newly joined players. E.g. someone else that the projector's owner can built it, even if the project's owner would have no free PCU/blocks for that.

It still prevents loading enormously large blueprints, therefore this logic does not let breaking the server either by a malicious player.

You can find the Multigrid Projector client plugin I'm working on here: https://www.patreon.com/semods

Leave a Comment

Attach a file