public servers Encounters and Cargo ships not functioning

Lane shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Well, they are functioning somewhat in that I did manage to catch a glimpse of, then chase down, a Mining Carriage in Keen NA #4 server. But something about that reveals a problem.

The Cargo ship spawned/came into view at 9.99km.. then was only in view for about 8 seconds, before vanishing.

I chased off in its general direction, and lucked out by re-aquiring the signal.

in the 4+ days of further play, not a single other signal spawned/appeared. I spread out antenna coverage, and made 5km mini jumps, even travelled a straight coarse for 800km trying to see if any more ever get revealed. Nothing.

I think the render range/spawn range/spawn paths are a little disconnected/not overlapping at all- cargo ships and encounter beacons may be spawning normally, but just remain out of reveal range, and never get seen- even with active effort to try to see them. Maybe the fix is as simple as raising their antenna broadcasts a bit farther?

This is a shame, because this content, which is confirmed to be enabled on the server settings, is not presenting itself in this new release opening event. And it is at least 50% of the additional content.. now missing from the user experience

Replies (1)

photo

seeing this as well. But for me, they just vanish immediately. Not sure if they are de-spawning right away, or are too far away to stay on the detection range. I managed to glimpse one with a value of 9.9~something distance.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file