Offensive Encounters

Nedboy shared this feedback 9 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Since you recently added many encounters, which I'm grateful for, I find it a pity that (as far as I know) there isn't an option to make encounters offensive/aggressive. At the moment, it's not really necessary to have any base defenses, as all encounters and enemies are mostly optional. I have to initiate the attack in order to fight. I think it would be great if there was at least an option to enable aggressive encounters (ones that attack your base or the ship you're in).

Because why should I attack an NPC? To get more loot to attack more optional NPCs? In the end, I can play the game without ever having to engage with them.

So, I would be grateful if you could add some encounters that actively attack you (even if it has to be especially enabled in the settings, that's fine with me).

If I'm wrong and there are already such encounters, I apologize. I haven't seen all the encounters in the game yet.

Replies (2)

photo

my sugestion would be to make the game search for players PCU owned prototech and, if players are near by, roll a dice every often to determine if it sends an attack encounter over the area

photo

I like how Factorio made it. The bigger your operation footprint the more alien nests spawn nearby and they send raids from time to time. The bigger you are the harder are raids to defeat from. In space engineers we may have pirate bases spawning nearby player made structures. When you or other players build a lot of staff in area the chances of pirate base to appear increases. Raids then can happen. You will need to destroy the pirate base ( or maybe make peace with SPRT) in order to stop raids on you .

Leave a Comment

Attach a file