New block grouping

Thomas Johnson shared this feedback 9 days ago
Not Enough Votes

On the live stream, you said you wanted feedback about the new grouping of blocks. While it does make more sense, there are way too many groups now. I can't remember fully but as an example, I believe you had desks and couches and I think Beds were all in the same group so they just took up one slot on my toolbar, now they are three different groups. I had my toolbar set up so I had pretty much all the blocks I use on all 9 toolbars without having to search for blocks and replace others. That is impossible now. We either need more than 9 toolbars or to link comfort or living or some other title so that all those blocks are in the same group again. with all these new blocks you keep adding (not complaining, by the way, I love them) it getting very hard to find them all and now it is even harder. That's my rant, sorry for the complaint, I think you guys are great and I love the constant updates.

Replies (3)

photo

Perhaps the user could be allowed to create customized groupings based on their play style.

photo

That would be great! I found another post mentioning that as an option and I upvoted it.

photo
photo

Can we also get all the automation blocks like CTC, Event Controller etc (back) in one group? The old Programmable Block group was fine.

Sensors and cameras can also go together IMO.

Lastly, put the Collector back with the Connector group.

photo

This was a solution in search of a problem. I love the G-menu changes, but the changes to block groups (and so many groups w/ just 2 blocks?!?) Thousands of hours of muscle memory now irritating me every other time I try to place a block.

photo

Yep, it's like learning to ride a bike all over again.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file