Space Engineers Grid Search Suggestion from Tequila

Tequila Salad shared this feedback 27 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Hi Keen Devs, first off I want to say that I love Space Engineers and have had this game since I believe 2015. Your continued effort towards developing it is awesome and I can't wait for the new Proto update.

I'm writing this because I have a suggestion that I think could really help vanilla players search their grids and change things, manage things, etc

I think a sort filter for a grid search would be great, something you could click on and then it opens a sort filter GUI so you can sort blocks on a grid in a specific way. I made an example picture in MS paint. Please check it out :)

Another thing I just thought of but didnt put in the graphic is an option for the dropdown like Powered Block, Container, etc, is "Allow Subgrids" so you could prevent seeing subgrids in the search too.

This is a kind of minor issue I guess because you can hide blocks in the terminal but I think this would just take it a step beyond with being able to do stuff efficiently managing complex grids/multigrids easily

Thanks for reading and thanks again for making this awesome game

edit - ok one more thing that I forgot to write on here that would be absolutely ESSENTIAL for this to be what it could truly be would be a sort by numerical or alphabetical tick option too, that would be so insane. combining all of these features into one sorting GUI / filter with save / load presets would take vanilla grid management to the next level. For example, if I wanted to look at all of those cargos in order (I have I think 35 different cargo sections), I could open the GUI, select "sort by numerical", and put Require "(EXI HQ) Cargo " and it would just automatically do it. I could then save that configuration and do that in probably 5 seconds any time I need to - I'm pretty sure for that to work properly though it would have to start sorting the text after the specified require text

some may say "it already sorts them by numerical order" which is kind of true but it only does the first digit lol it sorts them like 18,19,2,20,21 and so on which is not the way

Replies (1)

photo

---- ignore i put this edit into the post itself

Leave a Comment

Attach a file