The First-Person Aspect of SE Is In Dire Need Of Some TLC

spiegel shared this feedback 35 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Let me just state that I've supported SE since it's release circa 2013, and this criticism comes from a sincere place that wants to see SE at it's best.

Lately I feel like, with Keen having a greater focus on PVE content (which is good) - the foundational stuff that comes before that is in some dire need of TLC however - and 'the cart is getting put before the horse,' as the expression goes.

What it boils down to for me:

The first-person aspect of SE is in dire need of some TLC. It's been neglected since the game came out around 2013, and it looks and feels incredibly dated, ugly, and clunky, while lacking features and functionality.

There was a ton of hype around 'Warfare' updates which were supposed to add more combat related content - yet there has never been one single pass on the first-person aspect of the game in this way, or in ways outside of combat throughout the entire development of SE, even despite blocks being added like barricades that related to the first person aspect of SE. To this day, the first person aspect of this game looks and feels incredibly dated and clunky.

So, I propose that the first person aspect of SE requires updating and TLC passes, as something very overdue and neglected.

For ex:

-Better player models

-Better aiming and movement animations and fluidity or 'feel' while aiming with weapons and using tools

-Better handheld weapons - in way of models, animations, and feel - and then also more variants of them - possibly with modularity or components which could be discovered and learned as a recipe through exploration, and which could give the final crafted weapon (or tool) different stats - which would add to the seemingly planned exploration and PVE content.

-More or updated general utility tools - building off the previous point, with possibly more specialized tools for breaching, disrupting, disassembling, or hacking ship components or armor blocks specifically - instead of the singular grinder tool 'hacking' any and every block. Grinder doing this alone for everything is a lazy gameplay loop in my opinion.

-Equip-able armor with different variants and utility - perhaps involving; variable or upgradable oxygen, energy, defense, environmental resistances (temperature insulation?), or ammo storage - through varied crafting components, slots, or addons. Backpacks for more general carrying capacity. Storage crates that can be carried or stowed onto ships as carry-on cargo, with grid blocks that can accept and hold them? Like the static crate decoration blocks but with actual utility?

None of these things have changed since 2013-14, when SE first released, and to me the first person aspect looks and feels so dated and disappointing, and is so neglected in this game. This is literally the only area which I feel is lacking in SE right now, while it's also one of my favorite games to play, and I think it is far overdue for some TLC especially when opportunities for this to occur have been ignored such as during the 'Warfare' updates - and now in the present, when the cart is being put before the horse with more PVE content being focused on as additions to the game.

Keen, please improve the first-person aspect of the game. It is very overdue.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file