Uranium

Gryffin shared this feedback 52 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Greetings!

The updates are really great and add a lot more fun to the game. There is one nagging issue that needs to be re-evaluated.

I know you have probably read similar requests, but I will submit this anyway.

The current algorithm used in the asteroid generation for uranium needs to be overhauled. This scarcity of Uranium is ridiculous and takes the fun out of the exploration of an already great game in so many other areas. I dislike having to re-start the game hoping that I might find uranium.

Please consider this and at the same time reconsider its availability on planets and moons.

I play the vanilla version and am not really into spawning asteroids into the game. It takes the fun out of space exploration. It would be great if asteroids were generated in groups of various sizes some perhaps with outposts, bases or ruins.

Also, the asteroid showers are great to watch but are mostly worthless. When I explore where they landed I might find a small rock or two of a particular element. All they mainly do is leave holes in the surface. I used to get the big asteroid rocks but not anymore.

Many thanks and keep up the great work!

Replies (2)

photo

I know that you said you play vanilla, but it would be worth briefly trying a long range ore detector mod to see how much uranium is out there. I noticed that some of the ores inside of asteroids are quite deep and not easy to find in vanilla. At least trying out one the ore detector mods should give you an idea of how available the uranium is.

photo

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's worth a try. I do use mods in other games based on what the level of scientific discovery might have been. So a long-range detector makes sense given the advanced technology of a space-faring game and that sensors and scanners would have been more technologically in line with scientific research and discoveries in galactic exploration.

I'm beginning to understand that vanilla releases open the door for people's creativity in creating mods. It saves the Devs a lot of work and I think other agencies, like JPL, watch these games for ideas and inspiration. Especially in ship construction and the design of fundamental systems. All for the mere cost of simply reviewing what players create without having to employ people to do the same things and having to provide financial and other incentives aside from payroll, literally a free personnel pool, and possible recruitment tool.

photo
photo

I modded my game to make uranium a "glowing green" color, making it easier to spot visually. It's not over-the-top bright, as I didn't want it to be a blatant cheat. Think of how Krytonite is often portrayed in movies and TV shows like Smallville. It definitely helped, as the default texture bends in with most rocks almost perfectly.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file