Concerns about the current implementation of Prototech

Joseph M shared this feedback 2 months ago
Not Enough Votes

The new Prototech refinery appears to be the same size as a fully upgraded Advanced Refinery (4x3x3). Assuming it isn’t designed for any new ores, it will simply be better, rendering the old refinery redundant. All Prototech blocks should fill a new niche instead of replacing an existing one. This is especially noticeable in creative mode. If Prototech blocks are direct replacements for other blocks, no one will be incentivized to use the old blocks.

My second concern is about the Prototech Frames. I don’t like they can only be obtained by attacking the Factorum. While I understand this incentivizes exploration, it also forces players into constant conflict with the Factorum. I don’t personally mind this, but I know many players prefer a peaceful gameplay experience. This concern could be easily addressed by allowing Prototech Frames to be purchased at stations. Most players don’t use the economy much, and this could be a real incentive to trade with stations. Perhaps they could even sell stolen Prototech blocks, but at a very high price, maybe 5 to 10 million Space Credits each. This price range would make it affordable for established players while still making it easier to steal from the Factorum.

Replies (1)

photo

I think the whole idea about ptototech is that you cant have many of them, only those you find/repair. This way you will still use normal refineries until you maybe collect enough of proto ones and it will take a long time I guess.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file