Inventory Management doesn't match a futuristic space game

Edward Tuholske shared this feedback 2 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Micromanaging our inventories is a huge pain and goes against what a futuristic space game should be. We should be able to set how many of each item that we would like the system to auto build for us. The system should also put our items in like groups, such as an "item" cargo container and an "ore" cargo container. Searching for an item across multiple cargo containers and finding it in a connector is absurd.

For example, I want to have 2,000 steel plates on hand as I build my ship. I should be able to set the assemblers to build the plates to keep my inventory at 2,000 steel plates. It should keep building if I am low and I should be able to set a buffer percentage (like 10%) so that if I have over 10% more than I want the system will auto disassemble the extra. (when I am grinding enemy ships)

I should also be able to set cargo containers to keep a set # of items, such as on my ship with welders so that every time I connect it loads my needed items automatically. This is helpful for ammo, welders, ice, etc.

This is like the Isy's Inventory management script that is hugely popular. It should be built into the game but could be a block that we have to build that requires rare components if you want to make us earn it in game.

I ALWAYS use Isy's Inventory management when I have played (700 hours) and I played on an official server for the first time without it and realized how bad the inventory management system really is.

Here is the guide to the script:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1226261795

Replies (2)

photo

You could have the drop pod and basic assembler not do this, but have the assembler do it to keep it as a higher function.

photo

To keep a specific number of a said item under which assemblers create the missing ones, i can only advise the "[QoL] Production Quota" Mod.

photo

The issue is that vanilla SE should have an inventory management system.

I have always used Isy's, but recently decided to play on a Keen PVP server and remembered how bad it truly is.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file