The Economy on official servers

Ghost Gitk shared this feedback 2 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I just completed a search mission for mteg. It rewarded 10 rep with mteg. My rep with MMTA proceeded to drop by 24. This is a problem.

Yesterday, I was offered a delivery quest to IGCT from mteg. The IGCT faction is unfriendly, preventing me from completing the hauling quest. This is a problem.

Earlier this week, I picked up a hauling quest, but it delivered to a planet. My ship is an ion ship, and cannot fly in planetary gravity. I had to turn down the quest because I had no way to see details of the gravity strength where the quest wanted me to go. This is a problem.

Even Earlier, I lost all rep with IGCT and they now consider me an enemy. I have never fired a weapon at them, or ground up their grids. All I did was complete missions for mteg and smsl. This is a problem.

The economy needs tweaks to its rep system. Offering a mission of grinding up a wrecked pirate ship that rewarded rep with all factions would be an excellent addition. Adding a filter to hauling missions that prevented hauling missions to unfriendly faction stations from appearing to players would be another great addition. And removing negative rep from completing quests for other stations would also be a lifesaver. Another excellent change would be to add in the quest description of hauling missions the gravitational field strength of the destination.

Best Answer
photo

Yeah, like how do they know that you are completing missions on other stations :)?

I would make it the orher way around: upon competing (or failing) a mission for a faction, you also gain (drop) some fraction of reputation with other friendly factions and nothing is changed for other known factions. Like friendly faction can communicate between them and share the indformation about how good/bad you are.

Replies (1)

photo

Yeah, like how do they know that you are completing missions on other stations :)?

I would make it the orher way around: upon competing (or failing) a mission for a faction, you also gain (drop) some fraction of reputation with other friendly factions and nothing is changed for other known factions. Like friendly faction can communicate between them and share the indformation about how good/bad you are.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file