This object is in archive! 

Suggestion for Enhancing the User Interface

LordOracle shared this feedback 3 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Dear Keen Software House Team,

I hope this suggestion finds you well. I am an avid player of Space Engineers. I thoroughly enjoy the game and appreciate the effort and creativity that has gone into its development.

However, I believe the gameplay experience could be further enhanced with a few small changes to the user interface, particularly in the item menu. Currently, the item menu displays several popular blocks, including those from DLCs that I do not own. Sorting through these blocks can be frustrating, confusing, and tedious.

I propose adding an option to toggle "Show/Hide DLC items" in the item menu. This feature would allow players to filter out DLC content they do not own, streamlining the selection process. Additionally, this could be expanded to include a drop-down list that enables players to choose which specific DLC items are shown or hidden.

While I enjoy playing Space Engineers, some of my friends are deterred by the confusing user interface and the building/item selection menus. Implementing these changes could make the game more accessible and enjoyable for both new and existing players.

Thank you for considering my suggestions. I look forward to seeing how Space Engineers continues to evolve.

Best regards,

Oracle

Replies (1)

photo

To add to this i really feel like we should be able to filter on a multiple tag basis. For example Small grid+Weapons. This would benefit vanilla but also many of us play with mods and the G-menu becomes very crowded an hard to navigate. Further expanding on this one of the most frustrating things to me is that all blocks do not cycle and you have to find that one block that does which can be difficult at times.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file