This object is in archive! 

Request a means of finding lost/unpowered grids

Alan Hightower shared this feedback 3 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I recently had a situation on a live server where a simple mistake nearly cost all of my progress. A large grid (mobile base) lost power while I was offline. Creating and accepting a search contract immediately failed as the grid was unpowered. Apparently this is working as intended per this bug report which I also bumped.

I asked for Admin assistance per the official SE discord server. A very helpful admin (Gorwyn) suggested trying a repair contract since many grids have incomplete blocks. I was able to successfully create and accept a repair contract. However, the marker (>>REPAIR HERE<<) came with GPS coordinates of 0, 0, 0 (middle of EarthLike). I'm not sure if this is a new issue, but it doesn't seem like it's working as intended.

Either way, there are no facilities to find lost grids if they become unpowered for any reason yet you still retain ownership of the majority of controllable blocks. Suggestions for improvement:

1) At least modify the search contract creation to not allow selection of grids that are unpowered (and maybe explain why). Allowing a player to create a contract successfully only to have it immediately "Contract Failed" upon acceptance with no explanation is confusing to all players.

2) Per the OP in the above linked bug report, add an additional status indicator to the grid list in the Info tab to indicate whether a grid is unpowered. This would go at last provide context for any further restrictions on search/repair contracts that are intended.

3) Investigate the issue of repair markers for unpowered grids showing up as 0, 0, 0. If repair markers for unpowered grids are not intended to work, they too should either fail or should not allow successful creation with a false marker. I've created a separate bug report for this issue.

4) We could use a official means of finding lost unpowered grids. Maybe add some additional effort or cost as a penalty. But the sever penalty of the loss of those grids seems excessive.

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file