This object is in archive! 

Tool/weapons and bottle stacks feedback

Elementary shared this feedback 5 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello there wonderful developper team, I am here, and I am here to complain. Yes its one of my favorite past time. But this time however I am not the only one and im going to bring a crowd here to tell you. The stacks of bottles and weapons and tools, very very annoying, we like a lot to pick those one at a time, we dont need 10 welder to build a block, we dont need 10 guns to kill an enemy. In a pvp scenario where I have to get a gun in a hurry after getting killed and respawned youre making me right click and input a number to get a single gun or I accidentaly pick up a stack of guns, stack of bottles, we would have to manually separate them all and when we have a big faction and make hundreds of tools and weapons, doing that is going to be a huge pain in the ass, this is definitely one of your worst decisions. It might clear the inventory screen a bit but is ruining part of the SE experience as we will have to manually separate them in order not to have a rage about your new tool stacks. Thank you for hearing me people and continue the work on this wonderful game, we all love SE.

Replies (2)

photo

stacking is awesome for all the items you're complaining about. But, it would be nice if the was a hot key to quickly grab just one. or a need for a hot key to grab the whole stack.

photo

There is now a plugin on GitHub to do just that, its called Grab Single Item. Allows you to pick up items one by one using alt+click.

photo
photo

The solution is simple. When double-clicking or left-click dragging a stack of Tools, Guns or bottles to PERSONAL INVENTORY it should only take 1 from the stack by default.

If the destination is cargo, thats fine, send the stack, even if I wanted to keep one I can double click on the stack I just sent and get one back since.

I completely agree with stacking the items, the only issue is with drawing the stack into personal inventory. If we want everything we can either keep double clicking (which will be faster since we just keep our mouse on the stack now) or right-click drag and enter the full number.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file