This object is in archive! 

add toolbar actions similar to the action relay 'set channel and label" for other blocks

mansuy adrien shared this feedback 3 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Just started testing the new "Signal" update and noticed how incredibly convenient the "label" feature of the action relay block.

Such a feature is something that was wanted on a huge amount of blocks for a very very long time, and now there seems to be a framework for it to be implemented at scale.

I will give a few examples that are basically "ad-hoc" with the current bundled action

Using a PB with multiple arguments usually requires the pilot to either stuff his ship full of timers (one for each potential action, just to give each a name) or to remember what each toolbar action on each set of toolbar does, which is not ideal at all.

Pistons, rotors, and hinges, that can have sliders set to specific values. How about being able to set a toolbar action to precisely set their value? Set all rotors to 2.4 RPM specifically to control your mining drill? Change the piston height to exactly the value needed for your elevator? We usually need a script to do this, now we would not need one at all!

Or how about thrusters and gyros? They too have some sliders that can be very useful to have prompt, fine control over? Did someone say "25% impulse captain!"? Because that's what i'm hearin'!

Or precisely control antenna range? How about jumpdrive jump distance to switch between a short combat jump and a max range escape without needing to tangle with the control pannel mid-fight? And be able to keep all of this with a simple, easy to read and understand label!

After all the need for it is the same: convert varied, potentially complex and nondescript actions into simple to understand ones. It is a simple change in the grand scheme of things, but it would be a tremendously good one

Replies (2)

photo

This would be *huge* for complex builds and automated processes, allowing user-friendly implementation of so many cool contraptions without the need for scripts. Big 'ol thumbs up from me.

photo

Finally we could avoid building dozens of timer blocks just to make many times "increase"/"decrease" actions.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file