Industrial Cockpit should have a rear door

Icyartillery shared this feedback 16 days ago
Not Enough Votes

Greetings KSH and fellow Engineers!

I would like to propose a minor change to maintain parity between small grid cockpits. The standard and cab cockpits both have a rear door accessible from a ship's interior, as well as two small conveyor ports on the back. The industrial cockpit has the same two small ports, but no door. The Fighter cockpit understandably has no door due to its large conveyor port on the back.

I believe adding a door to the rear of the industrial cockpit would make sense, both to bring it up to parity with the standard and cab cockpits, and to allow another option for access from a ship's interior. An in-media example would be something like the Mining Pods in Guardians of the Galaxy, which have a large, primarily vertical cockpit which is entered through the pod's interior rather through a front hatch.

I would be able to understand an argument that the industrial doesn't have a rear door because the seat is right there against that wall, but the same is true for the standard/cab as well. Please take this under consideration, I feel it is a small change that would really help with quality of life.

Replies (1)

photo

Also having a way to decide whether you exit your cockpit from the outside or the inside would be great for builds where you can choose your entry point.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file