Random ship generation

Lex shared this feedback 42 days ago
Not Enough Votes

On my server, I see, that some new players have a problem getting into the game. So a tool to generate a random ship would be nice:

=> select the blocks you want to have in your ship, i.e. like 1xH2/O2generator, 2xcontainer, 1xH2tank, H2thrusters => boom see the new ship as stationary blueprint (without need of a projector)

Replies (1)

photo

Other games have tried this, with questionable results. Avorion has usable ships in the sense that you can fly them around and maybe carry some cargo, but their combat capability is sub-par. They suffer from vulnerable parts being exposed.

In Space Engineers this might be worse, because of the more complex rules the design has to follow to be functional. I guess it might be an interesting research program for AI, but don't hold your breath.

In the meantime, there are some nice ships in the workshop. Grabbing one of those might be a good idea. This gives me an idea for a new feature: At a ship dealer, you can pick a ship from the workshop and have it built for you. No need to have your own base for manufacturing.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file