Atmospheric Reading Script

Shoya Haa'runi shared this feedback 47 days ago
Not Enough Votes

I had an idea about building a probe to send down to planet ahead of myself to test the environment, but unfortunately there is only a weather script and gravity script for lcds, but no heat or oxygen levels. I also checked to see if the remote control could detect it on the hud, and while it can detect gravity of the remote control block, hud only displayed the engineer's heat and oxygen levels. I think it would make sense to include these on the weather script and would be convenient on one screen, however since that's a forecast rather than current reading, perhaps it would be be better as its own script. Right now through testing the only way I've been able to determine oxygen levels remotely is by having an unconveyored air vent in a sealed compartment with a door, opening and closing the door, and checking the pressure in the room, but that's just not... elegant, and still doesn't test temp. Perhaps even make air vents able to detect planetary atmosphere rather than just room pressure, so you don't have to mess with the doors and just have an exterior vent test the air. Anyway, I would be nice to be able to check things out ahead remotely, especially with automatons, could send out automated probes to decide whether or not you're ready to visit a planet

Replies (1)

photo

To clarify I'm talking about dynamic scripts for lcds/cockpits, not programmable block scripts, which i'm sure could do that task easily, but I haven't found a script that does it nor do i know how to do it myself, and would be nice to not rely on pb for servers/xbox reasons

Leave a Comment

Attach a file