Add missing toolbar actions

Moss B.K. shared this feedback 2 months ago
Not Enough Votes

This is a small addition to the game that I'm quite surprised wasn't made a while ago.

I'm talking about adding the missing on and off variants for certain actions in the toolbar.

For instance, you can add a toolbar shortcut/timer action for "Handbrake on/off", but there is no "Handbrake on" and "Handbrake off". A simple use for this addition would be to set up an event controller on "Cockpit occupied" event in a way that it turns on the handbrake whenever you exit the cockpit and turns it off when you get back in.

You could to some extent use the "handbrake on/off" action but suppose you manually put the handbrake on while you were still inside for whatever parking reason, then the moment you exit the cockpit, the EC will switch the handbrake off, leaving you watching your rover roll down the hill and rendering the EC useless for automating this function.

There are other functions that don't benefit this as well such as "Recharge" which is also only on/off. And it's a shame because you could set up an EC so whenever you exit a rover's cockpit, your batteries would turn batteries recharge on, recharging from solar panels while you're out. Here again the switch won't do because if the batteries were set to recharge while you were inside for whatever reason, then recharged would be turned off the mment you left the cockpit.

My guess for this missing feature is either that it was a simple oversight or not wanting to clutter the list of actions but I'm not sure that's the reason since you can see on the list (for the cockpit) actions such as "increase text padding", "decrease text padding", "increase font size", "decrease font size", "increase image change interval" and "decrease image change interval".. I don't mean to denigrate those actions but perhaps they are less useful than "recharge on" and "recharge off" or "handbrake on" and "handbrake off" and others.

Thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion.

Replies (1)

photo

About the batteries, "Auto on" is "recharge off" *and* "discharge off".

photo

That's incorrect, auto on is the difference between energy input and output.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file