Adjustable Thruster Output Force

Geocube101 shared this feedback 2 months ago
Not Enough Votes

There have been plenty of times (mainly during ship docking) where you need a very small amount of thrust (or needed a specific percentage of your thrust that isn't 0% or 100%). I'm suggesting that there be a way (maybe control+scrollwheel or something) to control the output percentage of your thrusters. For example, you could use control and scroll down to lower the output thrust of your thrusters without having to toggle off thrusters or manually set an override. You could also add a new bar to the HUD (when controlling a ship with thrusters) to see the current thrust output percentage (and also preferably, the appropriate PB and modding interfaces).

I'm not a person who plays on console so I'm not sure if its implemented there or not, but if not, thruster output control could just be a function of the joysticks current position and its maximum position (having the joystick in the middle for example would limit thrust to 50%).

Replies (1)

photo

You have a very simple solution for this, put most of your thrusters in a group,

leave a couple for every directrion out of that group. When you feel you need less thrust, turn the group off.

Now you can only use the ones that are still on to move.

I hope this helps.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file