This object is in archive! 

[FEATURE SUGGESTION] Space Engineer can "grab" onto grids

Landon Reynolds shared this feedback 3 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I have a suggestion for a feature I would like to see added to the game. I'd like to see a new "tool" added to the game that basically works like landing gear, but for your Space Engineer. You could add it to the hotbar and it would allow your character to "grab" onto a grid or voxel with their hands, functioning much like how landing gear work for ships. This would attack you to the surface and allow you to apply torques and forces to it with your jetpack. That way, an engineer could manipulate small sections of ship or blocks just by grabbing onto them instead of having to build some sort of space tug. Obviously, the torques and forces would only be sufficient to easily manipulate relatively small objects, but I believe this feature would be very beneficial for manipulating small objects in confined spaces. Thanks for listening!

Replies (1)

photo

There is, of course, already a mod that sort of does what you are asking. (Which is a great basis for it being incorporated into vanilla). Improvised Engineering/Experimentation gives you an elastic cord, more or less, that lets you grab, rotate or halt a grid up to a certain mass.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file