This object is in archive! 

LCD partial rotation problem (artificial horizon)

Brian Ronald shared this feedback 7 months ago
Not Enough Votes

When the Artificial Horizon terminal script is displayed on a rotated LCD, the vector cursor uses the wrong origin. In the attached screenshot, you can see a Transparent LCD, a Holo LCD and a Text Panel mounted upside down in front of the cockpit. They are using the Artificial Horizon script, as is the cockpit's main display. They have all been rotated 180° in the menu.

The script is mostly correctly rotated. The speed indicator is in the lower left corner, and the vector sprite is the correct way up. However, the position of the vector sprite is still working in the non-rotated coordinates, meaning that it moves in the opposite direction to the one on the cockpit's main display.

Unlisted shared saved game (same as the one attached) for convenience:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3035939450

Please also see the attached screenshot. Upon loading the game, you will be seated in that cockpit. There are four text panels, each rotated 90° from each other. The content has been rotated so that they appear in the correct orientation. All are showing the same Artificial Horizon terminal screen script. The ship is coasting forwards without inertial dampeners, so that the screens are showing the directional vector.

The vector sprite is in a different position on all of these text panels. Upon loading the game, gently move the mouse, and you will see the vector sprite on all four screens move in four different directions, as they are positioned by the non-rotated coordinates instead of the rotated ones.

I filed a bug report, and was told that this behaviour is intended (which I struggle to understand) and that I should submit it as an idea in the feedback section. So, my idea is this:

Please correct the Artificial Horizon TSS script so that when the screen is rotated, the vector direction indicator is also rotated.

Benefits: The vector direction indicator continues to correctly inform the player of the direction of the ship's vector, even when the screen's block has been placed in a rotated orientation, with the screen content rotated to compensate.

Drawbacks: I honestly can't think of one. I still consider the current behaviour to be a bug.

Replies (1)

photo

Of course now leading to a HTTP 401 because for some reason our sensitive eyes must be shielded at all costs from Keen-generated disappointment.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file