This object is in archive! 

Unfair raid in multiplayer

Raoul shared this feedback 14 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I send this Feedback because I think that the multi suffers from a flaw too exploitable and that tends to rot the game of many players.

Regardless of the defenses, and especially turrets, that can be set up, the bases/ ships can be raid far too easily at the unfair. (turn around defenses with a jet pack and sneak into a hole or dig and enter the construction with a grinder)

Having tried it and seen it several times, I can confirm that, no matter the proud warship or the vastness of the base, nothing can stop a player in a jetpack armed just with a grinder ... and it’s even worse once disconnected of course.

This kind of unfair raid is unfortunately so frequent and inconsequential that it becomes impossible to expect to build in the long run on a public server, preventing a lot of possibility, and discouraging players.

Of course, there are safe zones, but they are heavy in operation, and above all are unavoidable (preventing any form of Pvp). And I think PvP has its place in SE.

So to limit these unfair raids, I have some examples of solutions:

> A defensive block specially dedicated to counter infantry and therefore players as a "stasis field generator."

He would throw a bubble around him for maybe 3/4 sec that would slow down by 90% the movements of floating objects and players. (ally including logically) This would give the turrets time to properly align the target.

To temper, its recharge time could be 1 to 2 minutes long and its consumption would be important. Superconductors may be needed to build it to reserve it for more advanced grids.

It could be triggered manually or automatically with a sensor, and its range adjustable.

Alternative:

> A block with "pulsed waves".

Overall the principle remains the same. Projection of a fast wave (sonic/EMP?) that incapacitates players at range. Its effect would be to disable all player commands leaving him as dead for a few seconds. It would be more radical than the previous one as if by deactivating the whole combination it would make the player fall in free fall with the collision damage that goes with it, and without atmosphere would even suffocate during this period of time.

Same requirement as for the other: super conductor to weld, reset/ recharge time + significant consumption.

Or:

> Shield.

This is a part of the gameplay that is much desired by some players, but I can understand that you do not want to include it because of the too "futuristic" character that it would give to SE. However, there are some advantages. Imagine a 2-speed shield:

- The first would work as expected, a constant deployment of the shield with constant consumption and peak consumption when taking shots.

- The second, a "fortress" mode that will completely waterproof the shield, blocking all shots (from outside and inside) as well as the passages of the grids, floating objects AND players (enemies as allies). consumption would obviously become huge (but not as much as the safe zone that would remain the ultimate defence)

In addition, it may be necessary to extend the respawn time (when the player reappears too frantically) and remove the spawn next to other players (the main method of finding target to raiding)

In short you have understood, the interest is to strongly restrict the unfair raids, while leaving the possibility to attack but using grids, and therefore sufficient means. All this while respecting the universe of SE and avoid imposing scabrous prohibitions. I sincerely think that the game will become better.

I suspect that he must have some setbacks to that, such as the "pollution" of the servers with the number of grids that will increase, or the player encounter that will be less. But for that too if you wish I have ideas while staying in the spirit of SE

Long life to Space Engineer!

Replies (1)

photo

Come on, you’re not gonna make me believe that you think it’s great to be able to screw up a huge, overdeveloped ship/base/station just with a grinder!

It destroys everything SE can offer in multiplayer

Leave a Comment

Attach a file