Increase welder range

Math0424 shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Simply undo some of the nerf that was done to the welder allowing it to go further then a block out. I know that this conversation seems to have ended a while ago but I feel that the best time to un nerf the welder would be now for the survival update. This would bring back some life into the welder ships and creations. Whats the point of the welders if they are hardly better then hand welding, the perk of the original one was that you can weld blocks behind it and that made it special.

Replies (4)

photo

Agreed, and please revive large grid drills too. they are also dead.

photo

Cant ask for too much. Though the drills are at least better then the welders.

photo
photo

Make the large ship drills much larger and more effective. Like a 3*3*4 and a sizable increase in speed and durability

photo

Even +1 extra block range would make a huge difference.

photo

or make it configurable for precision work and increase radius for larger constructions. eg. 2 modes like the drill now has.

This always frustrated me when I assembled in survival from blueprints.

photo

I like this idea. This would really help building blueprints in survival.

Could be balanced by speed. The wide mode could be slower than the normal mode to account for the large range.

photo

Yeah, why not just make it configurable, like the gravity generator fields. the larger the volume and the further away from the welder that the welding area increases the energy consumption of the welder.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file