Option to Scroll TOOLS

Pedro Pimenta shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Hi. I want to suggest a change to the game. I asked some modders, and they found it difficult to create it, so I should try asking you now.

Some blocks have the option to change their shape by scrolling the mouse wheel. It's very handy! Thanks for creating this.

But Tools don't have that option. I know they have different purposes, but in case of "what if", there's nothing one can do. I wanted a mod to make a single, all-purpose tool - all I would need is to scroll the mouse wheel and voi lá! Grinder, Welder and Driller on the same button! No longer are the days where we will use three (two most of the time) buttons on our tabs for the tools!

Now, changing it so tools are affected isn't very much, to say the truth. Then it came to me - this could be expanded to EMOTES. Seriously! Why do we need four (or more, in case you want to implement more emotes) buttons on our tabs? It's a waste of space, IHMO.

(can also be expanded to Weapons, so if you ever implement more weapons, you could swap between them easily)

Thanks for the attention!

TL;DR - tools don't have the same feature as blocks, whether you will use the feature or not is not the discussion but give the modders the option to do so, please.

Replies (1)

photo

I like this; in particular since the scroll wheel isn't mapped to anything anyhow (without modifier keys), might as well make use of it. Have multiple tiers of the same tool in your inventory? Scrolling auto-selects the best one. Have multiples of the same tool at the same tier in inventory? Skip the duplicates. Have a tool missing? Skip it.

KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

photo

IMHO, the ' key should be the tool hotkey; once you have a tool on your inventory you don't need to place it on your bar; and maybe an all-purpose tool just so you can upgrade everything at once :P but that's just my opinion, maybe after my suggestion is implemented to the game a mod can make my wish true! lol

photo

You could even use it to draw and holster the tool. Right now, an entire slot in the toolbar is dedicated, WASTED, just to empty your hand, and is completely unoccupied when you're sitting in a craft and unavailable for assigning an action to.

With all due respect, Keen, that is mindbogglingly idiotic and you should feel bad for unironically considering, implementing, testing, and publishing it.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file