Antenna and Beacon Player/Npc detection

Guest shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Multi-Threaded Suggestion

Detection ranges. There needs to be a range with an antenna (perhaps upgradeable) where you see a grids broadcast but do not have any info (call it a UFO) While at this range, maybe it says "weak" or "Major" signal and is yellow like some of the NPC encounters. That way, at range extremes, players and NPC's of all types are seen but until you draw closer you cannot tell who they are or their intent. It may be an NPC that turns toward you (pirate) or away from you (mining hauler)... or a Player.

Antenna NEEDED for Detection. I rarely ever use an antenna as I wish there was a smaller sized/range large block model. Perhaps 5k.

IMPORTANT TO KNOW... You do not need the presence of an antenna on a grid or on your suit to be able to detect an antenna or beacon that is broadcasting. SImply put. I should only be able to detect an antenna or beacon if they are within the range setting of my antenna. A beacon is transmit only. A suits range is very limited. Why can I see the broadcast of an NPC at 10km away if I do not have my antenna on??

Replies (2)

photo

"I should only be able to detect an antenna or beacon if they are within the range setting of my antenna."

"A suits range is very limited. Why can I see the broadcast of an NPC at 10km away if I do not have my antenna on??"

A radio receiver can receive without emitting at all, you need to be in THEIR emitting range to ear(see) it.

photo

Ack.. Good call. My mistake. I thought when you pressed O in your suit it turned on/off the whole radio.. However, it only stops broadcasting.

Still would like a setting in there where you cannot ID a signal initially at longer ranges.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file