[Public Test] Tech Tree

Aleliabro shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Personally I think that the more advanced blocks (large refinery/assembler) are still too easy to obtain. All someone has to do it build the smaller of the variant then they can grind it down to build the better one straight after

I think there should be some time limit and have to have so many blocks built before the next one unlocks.

Replies (2)

photo

While I understand your sentiment, I feel things like arbitrary time limits are a very unimmersive and lazy way to control progression. I think the idea of having so many blocks built is along the right line - for example, you'd need as many basic refineries built at once that equals the output of an un-graded normal refinery to unlock the normal refinery (the RP being that you've spent enough time tinkering around to understand how to advance the basic refinery tech).

photo

Not sure if I was doing it wrong, but I had the impression that tech tree advancements were not shared among the faction, which was odd as everyone had to build and grind the same blocks to then be able to make repairs, to existing more advanced ones. Tech advancement should be shared within the faction, and if someone leaves the faction then they only have access to what they have actually unlocked themselves.

photo

I definitely agree

photo

I think the answer to this is to add more end-game productivity and effectiveness expansion through the use of "Add-on Modules" that require rare/expensive components. Maybe some that can't be crafted but must be found.

photo

Late game access to rarer/expensive components would be great imho.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file