This object is in archive! 

[Suggestion] Signal transmission between grids

Lucas shared this feedback 14 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I thought of this as a way of acting on another ship remotely.

For this, i will consider an "emitter" and a "receiver" which can either be two distincts blocks or a single one : the antennae.

How this works is simple :

The emitter sends a signal through a certain frequency (from 0001 to 9999Hz). this can be triggered via player action, button, sensor etc...

A receiver programmed with the corresponding frequency will do an action : start a timer block, turn off a door, whatever.

So let's say i have a ship 1 with an emitter and a ship 2 with a receiver. both are programmed with 4765Hz.

When i emit the signal from ship 1, the receiver, set to 4765Hz, will trigger its action 1. when ship 1 stops emitting, the receiver on ship 2 will trigger its action 2. just like sensors.

What this can do :

I have a fleet with receiver set to a certain frequency which will trigger a red alert (turning turrets on, turning red lights on etc...)

When my station is attacked, i press a button which will order the emitter to transmit a signal to said frequency, then all the ship within range (range determined by antennas) will be set to red alert and know something's up.

Other use case :

I have roaming turrets around my base, i want a button to call them all. i press said button, emit whatever frequency they're set to. when they receive the signal, the receiver triggers the AI task recorder block to go back to base.

This will give much more use to antenna range, as well as laser antennas for triggering action on far installations

Replies (2)

photo

i like the basic idea but dont know if it would be that clever to do it with signals, it could be exploited by setting up an antenna that sweeps trough all the frequencies and sends a signal there. i would like it better if you could just access parts on grids that are remoted and be able to put them in the toolbar of another ship.

photo

+1, but I would personally just prefer to have antenna action "transmit", and event controller event "recieve" for antenna blocks. I suppose it would work exactly like remote access, so friendly grids only, with antenna connection.

Probably could be useful if both transmit action and receive event had argument (numeric ? string like "run" commands for PB ? dunno which would be better)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file