This object is in archive! 

Corrupted World File

Crusader 13 shared this feedback 9 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Good morning!

A few years ago, I started a new Co-op world with a few friends, and we've likely dumped hundreds of hours on it, and we got off for a while, but recently got it back up and running. This server is old enough that its save file had to be updated to adjust to some the newer game version (from the 1234567891011 folder to the 76561198107068882 folder), I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Anyway, we got it running for a few hours yesterday, before the game crashed, and the worlds file, along with all of the backup folders were unable to load, stating that they may be corrupted. I would greatly appreciate any help, especially if it's possible to recover the save file.

After a few attempts at loading the world, I did revalidate the files through Steam, and it found 1 file that failed, however after fixing the world still doesn't load.

It's likely important to note that the world is heavily modded, however, that had not caused any issues until a few hours after we got the server back up. As far as I can tell, all mods involved are up to date as well.

I've attached the session file which I attempted to load the world twice. If there's anything that can be done, please let me know. This game is a part of my life at this point with over 1800hrs put in, even if this doesn't work out, thank you for supporting this game.

Okay, so, a bit of an update before I even post it I suppose: Trying to find the file I saw multiple logs, so I read through them, I found the one relevant to the specific world showing the error. There are a few mod errors, but also some issues loading, and I've pasted a couple here:

Thread: 27 -> Elastic http response error BadRequest: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"failed to parse"}],"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"failed to parse","caused_by":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Limit of total fields [30000] has been exceeded while adding new fields [1]"}},"status":400}

Thread: 15 -> ERROR Entity init!: System.ArgumentException: Argument_AddingDuplicate

at VRage.Library.Collections.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at VRage.Library.Collections.NativeDictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MySparseOctree.ReadFrom(ChunkHeader header, Stream stream)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyMicroOctreeLeaf.ReadFrom(ChunkHeader header, Stream stream)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyOctreeStorage.ReadOctreeLeaf(Stream stream, ChunkHeader header, Boolean& isOldFormat, MyStorageDataTypeEnum dataType, UInt64& key, MyMicroOctreeLeaf& contentLeaf)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyOctreeStorage.LoadInternal(Int32 fileVersion, Stream stream, Boolean& isOldFormat)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.Load(Stream stream, MyStorageBase& storage, Boolean& isOldFormat)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.Load(Byte[] memoryBuffer, Boolean& isOldFormat)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.<>c__DisplayClass106_0.g__PerformLoad|0()

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.LoadFromFile(String absoluteFilePath, Dictionary`2 modifiers, Boolean cache)

at Sandbox.Engine.Voxels.MyStorageBase.Load(String name, Boolean cache, Boolean local)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyVoxelMap.Init(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase builder)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntities.InitEntity(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase objectBuilder, MyEntity& entity, Boolean tolerateBlacklistedPlanets)

I'll only paste one segment here due to the length of this already, however this leads directly into the world corrupted screen. It appears it was going through and loading all of the planets/moons, and then moved to load the ships, and I think it successfully loaded the grids, and failed on the next step, although I'm unsure.

2023-07-30 17:35:59.040 - Thread: 1 -> Entities loaded & initialized

2023-07-30 17:35:59.040 - Thread: 1 -> Error: Error during loading session:Sandbox.Game.Screens.MyLoadingException: An error occurred while loading the world.

The world may be corrupted and can't be loaded.

Please, restart the game and try again.

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.ShowLoadingError(Boolean lobbyFailed, MyLobbyStatusCode statusCode, Nullable`1 errorMessage)

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.LoadWorld(MyObjectBuilder_Checkpoint checkpoint, MyObjectBuilder_Sector sector)

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Load(String sessionPath, MyObjectBuilder_Checkpoint checkpoint, UInt64 checkpointSizeInBytes, Boolean saveLastStates, Boolean allowXml)

2023-07-30 17:35:59.040 - Thread: 1 -> ERROR: Loading screen failed

2023-07-30 17:35:59.050 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occurred: Sandbox.Game.Screens.MyLoadingException: An error occurred while loading the world.

The world may be corrupted and can't be loaded.

Please, restart the game and try again.

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.ShowLoadingError(Boolean lobbyFailed, MyLobbyStatusCode statusCode, Nullable`1 errorMessage)

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.LoadWorld(MyObjectBuilder_Checkpoint checkpoint, MyObjectBuilder_Sector sector)

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Load(String sessionPath, MyObjectBuilder_Checkpoint checkpoint, UInt64 checkpointSizeInBytes, Boolean saveLastStates, Boolean allowXml)

at Sandbox.Game.World.MySessionLoader.<>c__DisplayClass18_0.b__7()

at System.DelegateExtensions.InvokeIfNotNull(Action handler)

at Sandbox.Game.Gui.MyGuiScreenLoading.RunLoad()

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post, I just wanted to be as detailed as possible, I hope it helps! Thanks for any help you may be able to give!

Replies (1)

photo

wrong forum and probably too much of an edgecase

Leave a Comment

Attach a file