This object is in archive! 

Console script substitution

Forrest shared this feedback 15 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I don't know if this is on here somewhere. My suggestion is that for solo console players adding some extra block settings would let me create a script like behavior mostly with sorting and inventory management. Right now I'm trying to build a mobile factory like ship. Miners bring in ore it gets refined the is ready for the assemblers to maintain a supply of components for the rear welder wall to repair or build ships from. But with no scripts I can't automatically sent components orders to the assemblers or keep track on ingot supplies. I use conveyor sorters but this try is at about 40 of them last try over 60 and they eat up my pcu limit fast at I think 25 a block. Never mind the looping that happens if I let them pull and don't have multiple conveyor systems that eat up a lot more pcu. Letting consoles players have a white list setting on cargo containers and event controllers able to send component orders would let me anyway make a kind of fake script behavior. My current attempt at this ship is at almost 10000 pcu with no ship just 5 refineries and I think 22 assemblers. My ability to create is hurt by system limits without scripts.

Replies (2)

photo

if you speak about a script, Isy inventory manager is already doing that

photo

I have seen that mentioned many times but I play solo mostly and just have fun building. I'm on a ps4 and I'm not going to rent a server just to use scripts. On consoles the programmable block is completely useless without a server to allow some.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file