This object is in archive! 

Problems with the CTC and Target Lock 'Range Extend' functions

ribera1945e shared this feedback 17 months ago
Not Enough Votes

First of all, in the vanilla combat system, right-clicking on a target lock will extend the AI attack range beyond the turret's max AI range of 800m, up to 1.4km for the Assault Cannon Turret and up to 2km for the Artillery Turret. increase.

I tried it with Custom Turret Controller (CTC) and see if it works.

I set up a custom turret with a railgun weapon on the ship, target-locked the target and approached it, but it didn't fire at 2km, it started firing when it was closer than 800m to the target. This is the same as CTC's max AI range. After the shooting started, I pushed my ship away from the target and it hit the target up to 2km.

I reloaded the world, placed the Artillery Turret on the ship at a distance of 1.3km to the target, still target locked on the target, and the Railgun Custom Turret and the Artillery Turret started firing at the target. Moving the ship away, it was attacking targets up to 2km.

I also reloaded the world and placed the Artillery Turret on my ship with the Railgun Custom Turret at a distance of 2km or more to the target to target lock and approach the target. Then the Artillery Turret and the Railgun Custom Turret started shooting from a distance of 2km.

As a separate test, I turned the Artillery Turret into an Assault Cannon Turret to test target lock. Then the Assault Cannon Turret and Railgun Custom Turret started shooting from a distance of 1.4km. When I moved the ship away from the target, the Assault Cannon Turret was shooting up to 1.4km and the Railgun Custom Turret up to 2km.

From these tests, I propose the following possibilities for Target Lock AI Range Extender:

1. This feature may not take into account the maximum range of CTC-controlled weapons when performing target lock.

2. This function may apply the effect to all turrets when the target is listed within range of the highest maximum range weapon among the turret weapons mounted on the grid.

Naturally, I think CTC-controlled custom turrets should also benefit from Target Lock's AI range extension on their own.

Please test it yourself and see how the CTC and target lock behave.

Replies (1)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file