This object is in archive! 

Make sorters more useful now that automation is possible

Danny Miller shared this feedback 11 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Now that we have automation I think sorters need a lil love..

Currently sorters act more as filters than sorters. As the name implies it should be able to sort out a number of components, ore, etc.. not just allow or disallow passage.

Example.. you have a large container with Mixed items attach a sorter and an event controller to be able to say fill the sorter with only say 100 steel plates with the condition of turning on and off the assembler or better yet disallowing the assemblers to make steel plates. this could work for the refinery also allowing the sorter / event controller to allow or disallow the refinery to process iron ore.

Also there should be a warning for conveyer loops. IE. like other blocks it turns Yellow and say slows down if the same item can loop back to the sorter. Like it can only process its request once every minute? this would help with server performance with loops.

I enjoy scripts but I think scripts make the game less engineer like and more programmer like.

Replies (2)

photo

I mostly agree with that, in addition sorter should be able to control how much O2/H@ goes through them in a tank, either trough the event controller or something like that

photo

Exactly. having an event controller paired with a sorter should allow you to manage a said fill rate of a tank/cargo with said amount of items/gas.

At least the large grid variant. since refinery's and assemblers are large grid only. let it have like its model suggests 4ish tasks in one block. first task put said items to set amount in to selected sorter. then move said full sorter order to set tank/cargo. followed by is said tank/cargo at desired level. lastly if all said conditions are met say turn on a light or maybe nest event controller.

Hope than makes since

Leave a Comment

Attach a file