This object is in archive! 

Changing AI Move block should not stop AI Recorder playback

Daniel Baulig shared this feedback 17 months ago
Not Enough Votes

When using the "Enable AI Behavior" action on a AI Move block to change the currently active AI move block, the currently playing AI Recorder will stop.

This seems inconsistent with how AI Recorder behaves.

If I want to switch between different AI Recorders upon reaching a specific Waypoint, I can easily setup an action at that waypoint to Play On/Off the next AI Recorder block I would like to use. However, if I want to change the active AI Move block (e.g. to activate an AI Move block with different settings for a section of the recorded path), running the Enable AI behavior of the other AI Move block will stop the AI Recorder blocks playback, too. Even using a Timer Block to change AI Move and reenable the AI Recorder's Playback at the *current* Waypoint isn't trivial either, since the default behavior of Play On/Off is to *restart* the AI Recorder playback. There is a workaround what seems to be more of an accidental hack than intended behavior of simply toggling the AI Recorder block off and back on again to have it resume playback at it's current waypoint, but this is not documented, not obvious and probably not even intended behavior.

When switching from one active AI Move block to another, any actively playing AI Recorder blocks, should continue playing seamlessly. This would make switching between different AI Move blocks for different sections of a flight path significantly easier and straight forward.

Replies (1)

photo

I have the same issue with recorder stopping playback when I activate a different move block (either by waypoint action or manually). To make matters worse it resets to the first waypoint again if I turn it back on. This really shouldn't happen! It makes the recorder almost unusable.

Will try the workaround, but I feel that I shouldn't have to.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file