This object is in archive! 

Refractory blocks

Zer0 shared this feedback 17 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Thruster damage management, in general, is problematic for the design. Especially when using connectors, where our large thrusters damage our host grids that may not have a safe zone.

That's why the idea is to have refractory blocks. Heavy and expensive enough so that no abuse is made.

Replies (4)

photo

What would be the effect of such block?

And why not just keep an eye of the damage your thruster could do during ship design?

photo

It would act as a thermal shield

This way we can design very compact ships with internal thrusters, or use it to protect a landing site.

photo

you know that launching site in real life don't use thermal shield they just leave room to most of the thruster exhaust and direct the end of it using a concrete tunnel

As you can see on those pictures of Ariane 5 launch site and launch the exhaust fumes are ejected through those concrete tunnel

0_ESAs-Jupiter-mission /1a7467a0d7e1208e5bf78a8b97ddfa1eeae355260cc82dfa1c071b5674869456

photo

Personnaly in SE I keep voxel under my large grid thrusters and regarding small grid I keep small size thruster for launch and switch to large thruster when away from other friendly grid

Leave a Comment

Attach a file