This object is in archive! 

"Export model" is useless, causes frustration and leads to bad game experience.

Soumagnei shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello

Today I crashed another ship on multiplayer server because I was only descending, rolling clockwise and looking around. "How?" you ask- well It is all due to very specific and non-changeable combination of Ctrl+E+Alt. "Export model" bugged and frustrated many players for years. Non of the forum threads and feedbacks regarding said function are positive (see attachments). And today, after crashing yet another ship due to game freezing during model export and also after struggling with it for so many years I am now confident that "Export Model" is not a feature, but rather an experience-breaking bug, which on one hand allows copying grids without creators' consent and on another- freezes the game, causes crashes and leads to the worst experience you can have in Space Engineers game.

This bug has to be elliminated by either allowing players to change key binds and limit it to players-owned grids or discard "Export Model" completely (Which is better, since we already have local blueprint options).

Please, Keen Software House, do not ignore this post and help us.

Kind regards,

Soumagnei.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problem.

However, as this functionality is not a bug, really, there is nothing we can do about it from here (bug reporting forum).

We are aware of the issue with exporting all grids, as you can see e.g. here.

I will move this thread to thee Feedback section, where it can get attention of people more suited for making decisions/changes like this.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thanks for sharing this. This has been troublesome for me for years. Ctrl is my Push-To-Talk key for years, as it's minimally intrusive, easy to reach, and keys can be rebound for 99% of games. So due to this, I often times try to use voice chat while maneuvering, and trigger this export model feature. I've lost many ships to it, online, offline, and private games.

photo

can be possible to have this function only in the creative mode? i dont want this funtion removed because it can be used to make prefabs to make spawnships or encounters, but should be not usable in survival i think.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file