This object is in archive! 

Need to reset "Always aim at sun" every day

kitsu_eb shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I'm using the new Custom Turret Controller (CTC) option to power an asteroid base and it works really well... while it works. It seems like whenever the camera is in shadow for a few minutes the tracking turns off and never turns back on. Toggling the CTC block off/on has no effect, but toggling aim at sun gets tracking to work again.

I'm playing local single player with the default day length and a few mods, but no mods that change the CTC. I haven't tried it on a planet yet (because wind), but I used it on the moon during the beta and didn't see this problem.

I would prefer if it would track through obstacles, or at least go into polling mode when it "loses" the sun.

Replies (2)

photo

didn't try yet, but it sounds more like a bug than a feature

photo

Yep, I had trouble finding the bug reporting tool and failed once I got here. I can't figure out how to delete this either.

photo

yeah its a big problem on this website you cannot request deletion

photo
photo

Use a auto Reset of 2 Timerblocks.

In The First timer Block set the CTC to Turn on/off or Turn Off the option to "always aim at sun" and set the second Timer block to "Trigger Now". In the second timer Block, set the CTC to turn on "always aim at sun", and set the first timer Block to "start". With this, every 10 Seconds the CTC's "Always aim at sun" task restarts and so the current Bug is solved.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file