This object is in archive! 

More armour block variations

frag2k4 shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

A simple request for a game that prides itself on allowing the player to design to their own imaginations is the still lacking number of armour block shapes that to me are obvious.

The rounded armour blocks are really lacking in number at this point, a curved version similar to the 2x1x1 slope and tip giving a more gentle curve to designs is an obvious missed one along with 1x1x1 versions of hemispheres, semi-circles and even pillars like the interior variant.

Valley and peaks are also missing which themselves would require 3 versions a 30 degree, 45 and 60 degree of a ^ and V version for allowing odd width ships to be really angled instead of having flat parts.

Transition shapes that allow for more seemless use of rounded to pointed shapes would also not be unwelcome.

Replies (2)

photo

I would be happy with just these. And for the main reason that right now it's impossible to make structures with smooth enough ramps to drive on. Some people say they can never make all the blocks people want but it wouldn't kill them to start somewhere and add a few each update.646a1708dc95175b58ab7fc5ccd71ebf

photo

I would love to see a full set of round armor blocks. Even if they dropped just a few every update. I fear they have not added them because the community tends to build with the normal armor cubes. But i think its just that the community works what they have and we don't have round armor blocks. We only have the base 4 or so and its very lacking. I would like to see some other variation in the block set.

I know its not easy to add blocks every update but these are pretty simple and it shouldn't be too hard to make all the block states too.

It may be they have strayed away from rounded armor blocks to bring down the poly count but with the new blocks they are pumping out it shouldn't be a problem. Although im not a modder or have any modeling experience so i may be wrong.

Anyways would love to see them Keen.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file