This object is in archive! 

Cosmetic Blocks being Functional

doug stryjek shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello,

I have been playing Space Engineers for quite some time and one of my biggest frustrations is that I am unable to make ships and/or bases have the visual aesthetics that I prefer due to many cosmetic blocks being just that cosmetic only. For example, in the recent Automatons DLC, I have heard from many YouTube Videos on the subject that the new block shown in the attached photo and highlighted with a red box is only cosmetic. It has the potential to serve a functional purpose as do many other cosmetic-only blocks. In this specific example, I am referring to the inability of the piping on the block not being able to move items through the block (I would be content if it was only ores). This is just one of the many blocks that I wish served some functional purpose instead of just a cosmetic one. Other examples include passage blocks, sci-fi interior wall blocks, and lastly, viewport window blocks. Most of my desire, as it relates to this post, is concerned with having the previously mentioned blocks able to move at least ores throughout a ship and/or base without the need for additional conveyors. This would go a long way to an aesthetically pleasing and all more functional ship/base. Thank you for time.

Replies (2)

photo

Un fortunatly your opinion will hurt itself to the one of the people playing the game in multiplayer and feeling that it would be pay too win to have a use for block in the payable part of each DLC, by example many consider the heavy industry thruster as pay to win same for the Ion thruster added in broadside or the new programmable block we got in Automaton.

This is not a joke I even saw some complain about that during the Thursday stream.

Personnaly its non-sense but some people take that very seriously

photo

While I respect your thoughts and understand your perspective; I have to disagree. The reason I disagree is that it wouldn't be pay to win because those without the required DLC(s) could use the normal conveyor system to do exactly what I am. The only advantage I see is my idea would allow for smaller more fuel efficient ships. I simply hate wasting space some of the blocks that are cosmetic only, but could serve a purpose without any changes to their appearance. Please refer back to the example in the original post. I would also be very surprised if there are not others in the community that have similar sentiments as Ido.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file