This object is in archive! 

New access panels improvement + few others

Blue Architect shared this feedback 18 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I got couple suggestions on how to improve the new access panels to satisfy more engineers.

Since I mainly like to work on small grid structures, so no improvements on the large grid version, but some points I made could be applied to large grid too, so I will only mention small grid improvements.

Small Grid:

1. Two versions of each Access Panels, one version should have their block edges covered so there won't be any awkward gaps or block exposure that the access panel is on. This will make the panels a little more bulk but at least it will cover the block that the panel is on, makes things more neater. The colour of these edges should be the default dark grey throughout the game that cannot be changed.

639ace0017f9eacbef62f762b5af6849

2. Some Access panels such as 1-3 do not have any purpose other than decoration, so to change that, the access panels should be hollow or have like access panel built within or both! There could be a compromise by semi hollow access panels by having wires etc but still be able to access the block behind, for example 1x1 small cargo container or have combination of both, access panel, and access to the block behind.

3. Access Panel 4 should let things through, for example I tried to have collector and access panel on top, but that would not work since there was a invisible barrier so the ore / items would not go through. Also allow access points to be placed directly on collectors and other similar blocks.

1c5662530aeda8f2acbe1732632c87d6

4. Another cool feature could be that all size connectors could go through the access point to join up, however there would be clipping going through and perhaps even clang. To combat both of these issues, the small grid connectors could be made slightly smaller but same height to fit into the access point or some access panels could get bigger or both. And as for clang, you can disable the physics of access panels towards connectors if possible.

5. Most access point's doors only open 90 degrees which is okay, but would be better if the doors are allowed 170-180 degrees & react to the surroundings.

6. All Access Panels could make some noise when being opened. This would improve immersion slightly more, rather than the boop sound.

Overall I like the access panels, but the developers missed many opportunities to make these panels more functional & better, the only functional small grid panel would be access panel 4, but would be better with improvements.

I'm sure there may be couple more improvements, but I think these ones are the main ones.

Replies (1)

photo

Edit 1:

Please share this to other engineers you know, if you really want this feature/s.

I have nobody to share this to, so I doubt everyone will see this. I'm not asking for votes, I just want people to see this post more and let them decide on their own.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file