This object is in archive! 

[Block Request] Simple Boolean Logic Block

Michael Lattimore shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

It seems that there are issues with testing logic with event controllers in order to evaluate two or more conditions, compare them and perform an action.

Trying to bake all the logic into one single block seems a bit difficult. I'd rather see a dedicated block.

I'm proposing a simple block with 8 boolean switches. These switches are not tied to any other block. Each switch can be independently changed via an external action to TRUE, FALSE, or flip status. When all boolean are TRUE, a player programmed action is performed.

If a player wanted to compare just two boolean... then just leave the other six as true. This would work all the way up to eight. Please note that eight is just an arbitrary limit that seems reasonable.

There are definitely more complex forms of logic with OR, NAND, XOR, NOR, etc, etc... if you want to go down the logic rabbit hole. But I feel that a simple comparator would work a lot better for the majority of players who don't have deep understandings of comparative logic.

To recap... it's just one block with 8 boolean switches that performs an action when all switches are set to "true"

Replies (2)

photo

10276ac9ea501395045fe0872c989d53

photo

That would be really useful, I ran into this issue while creating drone.

As a safety feature I installed a few condition for which my drone should directly come back to home:

• Fuel low (its an hydrogen drone)
  • Ammo low
  • block too much damaged (to try avoid it in itself)

Each of those can be trigger separately however to go back to fight automatically I would need the opposite logic which is that

• Fuel is full (100%)
  • Ammo inventory is relatively filled (>= 70%)
  • Block repaired (Block health at 100%)

Unfortunatly I cannot set those condition at the same time because not only are they different condition but also thy are completely different type of condition.

Having a block (or an update of controller block) to control several different status would be great for this kind of issue

Leave a Comment

Attach a file