This object is in archive! 

Mining Ai Block

BlueStoneCreepr shared this feedback 18 months ago
Not Enough Votes

If a Mining Ai Block were to be added to space engineers, here is how I think it should be executed:

First, I want to set the goal for what the Ai block should do, It shouldn't be too op as to do everything for you but should be competent enough to make the tedious work of mining easier (maybe making collision avoidance better). And the block should allow for some room for designing a mining ship.

Second, Here is the functions of the block I think meets this goal:

- It can use the ore detector to know where to mine.

- You can set a filter on which ores it should mine.

- When it sees ore (similar to how the offense Ai sees enemies) It can go directly to the ore (drills on if there's stone in the way).

- When it reaches the ore it will mine the closest ore voxe and keep doing that untill it cannot detect any more ore voxels or got stuck. I think it should go slowly as it might grind itself against a wall.

- The general idea is that it does it in a messy way but gets the job done and doesn't get stuck on anything.

- I think there is already ingame functions for searching for ores.

Please comment as i want to hear your thoughts about this. If this is going to be added i want it to be as good as it can be. :)

Replies (3)

photo

I did not take much time to think about this either so it would be nice if other brains were on this.

photo

AI Mine/Extract would be a task block, because you want your drones to stop mining and probably flee when there is an enemy. Furthermore, you want AI Mine/Extract to have a home location and a maximum range.

photo

I think an AI block that has the same functions as the PAM script plus the ability to hunt for desired preset ores would be great.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file