This object is in archive! 

Add Bool Event to Event Controller

Christopher Schönfeldt shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

If you have two event controllers

1. load battery until X% (Event Controller 1)

2. unload/ load cargo until X% (Event Controller 2)

I can not see any option to observe those two event results in one event controller. Would be nice if Event Controller 1 AND Event Controller 2 has ended / passed do something.

Replies (5)

photo

I would add to this, the actual AND button is already there, since you can ask Cargo >= X% and pass multiple containers, connectors, which (if AND is selected) all need to be over X% filled.

So the only things to do:

1. bool event which receives bool results

2. Adding filter to the select, if bool event is chosen, show only bool result blocks (like event controller)

3. make sure event controller result IS bool

photo

I was honestly expecting something like this with Automatons but the possibilities are quite limited for now. Definitely good feature request!

photo

you can do something like this using a number of intermediate blocks to toggle on and off

so event controller 1 and 2 would each have some block to toggle on and off (a light or something) then have a third event controller look at the lights with the on/off setting with the "and" checkbox set to reach the desired result this will output action 1 if both lights are on and action 2 if any lights are off

photo

You can monitor mulltiple events by having the primary event controllers turn a light on and off and then have a second level controller monitor the lights. It's a PITA to do but it works. The lights can then of course be arranged in a small grid christmas tree.

A boolean flag built into the event controller and able to be read by another controller would be a big improvement in this.

photo

This is a workaround, but if we are serious, this is not a solution and it's not what they advertised in the videos before. I want a real solution and as I see there are other people who wish for that feature. If you fine with the light workaround or with turning blocks on and off, fine, do it. But in more complex scenarios, you lose the track on what each block is doing quickly. I bet, Keen can do it better and it will let us focus on the real challenges to solve and not to workaround game mechanics.

photo
photo

Full NAND logic is possible, though it does get BIG and messy because it requires a ton of intermidiary lights or similar - an "event controller activated" type of event would be great for solving this.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file