This object is in archive! 

Add more Action Slots to Waypoints

Christopher Schönfeldt shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

First, AI blocks are awesome and I appreciate your hard work!

ATM, we can set up only one action per waypoint in the record controller and up to 2 in the event controller.

I do not get it yet why it's that restrictive. I overcome this by adding timer blocks. The problem, I see here, is the need for repetitive blocks just to work around the lack of Action Slots per waypoint.

If I want to achive this drone

[Cargo Task]

1. Fly to dynamic moving beacon

2. Connect

3. Load Cargo

4. If cargo loaded / maybe after X seconds > disconnect

5. Fly to base

6. Connect

7. Unload

8. If Container is empty > disconnect

9. restart

Really complex but one Task group has also to be on the drone

[Recharge Task]

1. If battery is <= 20% Fly to base

2. Connect and set battery on RECHARGE

3. If battery full Set battery on AUTO and disconnect

4. START Cargo Task

I need to add many timer blocks and event controller just because the missing action slots. Adding more Action Slots would maybe not reduce the overall count of used AI Blocks but definitly the count of timer blocks, since we do not need the workaround of adding action slots. And it would reduce weight and power consumption, which is another disadvantage of using timers.

What do you think, do we need more action slots per waypoint or in the event controller?

Replies (2)

photo

Heck all of the blocks with “select actions” should get multiple toolbars like the event controller

photo

yeah you can get 18 action in the event controler not 2, you get 9 tool bat with 2 action per bar

Something tells me you didn't fully check you event controller

photo

Actually you are right but whats that kind of UX? Whats the benefit of having only 2 Actions per toolbar. I dont see any.

photo

its because one of the action is for when the event block is triggered and the other is for when it is not triggered anymore

Same thing for sensor, target lock detection, pressure captor on vent. but all those block have really only one toolbar unlike the event controler

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file