This object is in archive! 

potential solution to all of the complaints regarding extra armor blocks

Epb7304 shared this feedback 13 months ago
Not Enough Votes

This suggestion may be hard for me to explain however I will give it a try.

instead of adding new armor blocks until the end of time, simply add the ability to stack armor blocks on top of one another. What do I mean by this? I mean that if you hold a certain key you should be able to place an armor block inside of another armor block thus creating an entirely new shape, it would be fairly easy to make sure that collisions work properly, simply overlay the two meshes on top of each other. as for the cost it would be a fairly simple matter to determine the area that the shape is taking up then multiply that by the cost for one full block.

perhaps with another key you could place an armor block ontop of another armor block (but within the same block like placing on a half block). doing this would allow for vast simplification of the g menu as well.

with this change, the only blocks you would need would be the full armor block, sloped armor block, half armor block, corner armor block, inverted corner armor block, 1x2 corner base and tip, 1x2 inverted corner base and tip, 1x2 light armor slope tip, and round armor blocks, round armor block, round corner armor block, inv round corner block.

This rather small collection would be able to replicate every single block in the game and then many more after that

Replies (1)

photo

I am not sure it could work on Vrage 2, but they are develloping vrage 3 where small and large grid block seems to be able to fuse with eachother

photo

perhaps this serves better as a Space Engineers 2 idea

photo

It is definitivly a part of space engineer 2 if there is one

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file