This object is in archive! 

Feature/Block Request: Gas Valve

Ian Hatchett shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Just a 1x1 block similar in function to a conveyor sorter block, but for gases. A flow direction arrow would be present on the outer surface of the block and some sort of interface/wheel to change the flow state. The valve's flow state should be set to either Open, Closed, Directional or Reversed.

If the valve block is set to open then oxygen or hydrogen can flow normally.as if it were a normal conveyor tube.

If the valve block is set to closed then gases cannot flow through through the block. This could be useful for isolating an airlock's Oxygen tank, ensuring that it is empty ready to depress a sealed airlock, but if the need arises that oxygen tank can be easily reconnected to the rest of the ship in case of some emergency.

If the valve block is set to directional then gases can only flow one way through the valve block. This would be useful when you want to keep oxygen/hydrogen tanks on your ship from refilling from the limited ice on your base while dropping off ore or when filling a reserve hydrogen tank for later use.

If the valve block is set to reversed then it operates in the same manner as a valve set to directional, but the direction of flow is reversed. This would be useful in situations where you have a reserve hydrogen tank which is normally kept filled, but you need to access that reserve.

Replies (2)

photo

you can already do this with a conveyor sorter cant you? just set it up to blacklist every item in the game since gases themselves cannot be sorted. I think a better suggestion would be to add gases to the conveyor filter

photo

Not really because a sorter can't stop gas flowing where you don't want it flowing.

photo

couldn't you just whitelist using a sorter? I don't have the game in front of me right now so that may be inaccurate

also it would be a bit clunky but two connectors in trading mode might work as well

photo

no the sorter unfortunatly doesn't affect gase no matter the setup I made multiple try myself and it never worked

photo
photo

I 100% agree with this idea, keen you need to implement some sort of way to do gases management, either with a modification of the sorter block or a new block in itself

Leave a Comment

Attach a file