This object is in archive! 

Power Cell Charge Level

Bradley Johnson shared this feedback 12 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Currently when you grind down a battery, you loose the power cells due to them becomming scrap metal. I believe this was done to prevent players from grinding down then welding up batteries again to effectively get infinite power.

Something I think would work better is if power cells had a charge level when in item form. When you would grind down a battery, instead of the cell turning into scrap, the game would divide the power level of the battery by the number of cells and give you a cell with a certain amount of charge.

By doing it this way, a dead battery would simply give you a dead power cell, whereas a full battery could be more easily transferred and the power not wasted.

This of course means that we must instead turn to the manufacturing of power cells, or more accurately, how to deal with players not simply disassembling a dead cell to turn it into a non-dead cell. I have three different ideas:

1. Simplest solution would be that disassembled cells would loose a certain amount of material originally used to manufacture them.
  2. Manufactured cells have no charge and must be charged by a cell charging station.
  3. Power is also required and taken from the power grid when manufacturing a cell.

Replies (1)

photo

I think it would be simpler to have no charge on battery cell

photo

It could make sense to program in an energy requirement to manufacturing power cells. They could probably program in a way for recipes to require an amount of energy be available to make a component.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file