This object is in archive! 

toolbar enhancements

Epb7304 shared this feedback 13 months ago
Not Enough Votes

A couple of different ideas regarding the toolbar

note this is for building, not for in a ship

Option 1, custom groups:

allow us to create custom groupings for blocks in the g-menu, this has added benefit of working with mods as well

Option 2, double toolbar:

give an option in settings to double up the toolbar (stack 1 on top of the other), exclusively for building mind you, this would give more flexibility in the current system, and to select blocks on the new bar, perhaps shift+1-9 would work well for that

Option 3, increased toolbars:

increase the number of available toolbars, in my opinion, there should be enough slots for every block in the game and then some extra for mods, perhaps 15-18?

Option 4, custom buttons for welder/grinder/drill

this is the simplest one, in survival I have a welder and grinder in every single toolbar, making them custom buttons removes the need for them to be in the toolbar and grants more space, I imagine it would pick the highest level tool in your inventory to use.

Personally, I would prefer both options 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 are just workarounds that will eventually no longer fix the solution. but I hope something is done

Replies (2)

photo

Don't forget to free button 0 from the mandatory and hard-coded "Put away" action which conflicts with muscle memory learned from the entire rest of the gaming world out there that Keen likes to pretend it doesn't exist.

photo

Also, give NAMES to toolbars, possibly even a comment field. That way, sharing vehicles between players becomes more user-friendly as now everyone has a fighting chance at reading the toolbar mapping instead of divining and memorising it anew. (Also, if one haven't used a vehicle in a while, it would even help oneself to get back into it.)

Sure, there are the LCD screens, but there are only so many and can only hold so much text. And at the default 70° FOV are so tiny that even regular-sized text becomes hard to decipher.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file