This object is in archive! 

Event Controller + Thruster Override Settings

Zic678 shared this feedback 18 months ago
Not Enough Votes

While using the Event Controller I found it incredibly tedious and silly to only be able to "Increase Thruster Override" Instead of simply just setting it to a specific value.

In example:

I would have to use the "Increase Thruster Override" action about 20 or so times, taking up 2-3 event controllers and all their action slots to get to the desired setting, and then because of a current bug (where the action on some occasions is output twice per action slot) I would then have to double the amount of "Decrease Thruster Override" action to allow it to come back down to "disabled".

Fix:

Instead of only having an Increase or Decrease action for Thrusters. There should either be a way to set the specific thruster setting % by clicking an action or allowing Thruster Overrides to be turned off and on, that way you can save a specific setting for each Thruster and merely click it on/off.

I know most people have just added Thrusters onto their ships which are turned off on normal operations, which they then turn on with a preset override. But I find it far easier to just have a setting which allows you to utilize existing thrusters instead of adding some specifically for override.

Replies (3)

photo

I agree, an Override on/off option in thrusters would be really interesting with the new Event Controller!! :)

photo

Actually, speaking of.

I was testing more blocks in-game and realized that just about all of them could use some sort of function similar to this.

Another Example:

The Piston blocks max/min range and velocity. Instead of sequentially increasing it by every action press, why not instead allow it to be set to a specific value. So same thing with the Thruster Override. Instead of Increasing it by 1 to 2, then 2 to 3, then 3 to 4 by activating the action 3 times. How about activate the action once and it sets the value to the desired function. From 1 to 10 etc.

photo

A "Set" action needs to be available for every block with a slider and every slider, working similar to the run command on the programmable block. It makes no sense that such a basic action should require a PB. This will open a lot of doors for novel creations.

photo

While we're at it please add a way to set rotor or hinge degrees and have it move to it

photo
photo

Make that a global alignment of terminal functions.

EVERY action of EVERY functional block that can be toggled ought to have a Toggle and separate On and Off actions.

EVERY action of EVERY functional block that has an optional slider (eg. thrust override, gyro override) ought to have a Toggle, separate On and Off actions, and separate Increase and Decrease actions.

Not just some actions for some blocks and other actions for other blocks.

Usability and consistency, ffs.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file