This object is in archive! 

A fix for thrusters connected to parts of ships via rotor/piston

Ryan Sizemore shared this feedback 18 months ago
Not Enough Votes

If there is already a fix for this please enlighten me. If not, I have a suggestion.

Create a new block called wiring harness that just applies the properties of the main ship body to the attached rotor so it knows that the thrusters attached to other parts of the ship should fire based on the original ship orientation. Alternate method. Provide landing thrusters that work in atmosphere and always use any thrusters attacked to the ship to provide a smooth controlled landing sequence. Thanks for such an amazing game. As much as I might enjoy a sequel I would also prefer if at some point you just added cosmetics to the existing blocks to allow for more realistic designs that don't require a lot of extra engineering to achieve. Would also be a great way to make more DLC people would want. Love everything you do with this game, just want to see the day it feels a bit more like a realistic flight game than a super enhanced lego set.

Replies (1)

photo

There is a scipt called "Whip's Subgrid Thruster Manager" by Whiplash141 that could do what you are looking for.

I think some people are also using the event controler for something similar but I am not sure how they do it

Leave a Comment

Attach a file