This object is in archive! 

3 Things to bring back PvErs

Zarsynn shared this feedback 18 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Sorry if this is not the right spot: feel free to move it -- got this location from a Dev on the steam discussions since last time I went here, you still had the old forums....:)

I havent played this game in forever since its gone from a space exploring as it was to start with (Before multi-player), to a space PVP game with some building. Honestly amazed its even still around (tied with 7D2D... lol)

3 things they might want to look at for future to bring a PvE crowd back in (IE- sell more copies...)

as most have all but abandoned the game. Cant find a PvE server to simply build cool bases with peeps and explore the universe (you know, like it says in the tag...) so moved on to other building games like No Mans Sky

1- A PvE solution for multiplayer. I think making it so the block interactability is set to the status of the person trying to interact might solve this. (Note- no idea if even possible since im not a coder...) IE- if the player looking to interact with your blocks are set to neutral, they can look at your blocks but not touch (or grind etc) Set it to 'Friendly/Allied' and they can interact in a good way (to give resources for example) and 'at war' is obviously the same as it is now- unlimited destruction. I think this could help PvP servers too as factions can really be at war with each other and neutrals and allies would exist too...

2- Some sort of PvE environment : yes, I know there are a few mods that do this, but thats not the point. The mech dogs were an attempt, but there's 0 to do PvE aside from Build (which is good solo for a bit...) but to get trashed since #1 above doesnt work and its a free-for-all in multiplayer, unless a private server with a few friends, the playability (and repeat spending on 'packs') is nil.

3- some randomness in the solar system re planets. Given the planets seem to spawn in the same place (I think?) it'd be great if it could chose a few in your mods list and put them there instead. Would make for a nice surprise and some randomness in a solo game....

I want to love this game, but seems to be still be anti-PvE since they started focusing on multi-player. :( Like every other game, gankers/griefers still exist online, and there's 0 way (as far as I know) to control them. The only way to preserve your effort is to play solo to build.... and that can get old fast.....

Replies (1)

photo

Proper user/group access management is sorely needed. Not just for usability but also for bugfixing. Can't count the complaints when people cannot yet again use Wheel Suspensions or cannot paint grids even when they should be able to.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file